Sts. Peter and Paul’s Catholic School staff utilizes the Technology curriculum guide created by the Archdiocese of Denver. The students have access to a computer lab equipped with PCs.
Students grades K-4 have one or more 40 min periods each week in the computer lab with their classroom teacher.
Students in grades 5-8 have a weekly 40 min. computer class. These classes include at the appropriate age level:
- Internet safety and ethical use of information
- Word processing, presentations and spreadsheets (Open Office)
- Introduction to Programming
- Photo editing
- Online research: discern credible sources, cite references and effectively and efficiently use search engines
- Online activities to supplement core classes
- Computer hardware identification
Junior High teachers incorporate technology in their instruction and frequently use two sets of Chrome books for projects.
In addition, the school’s administration, staff, teachers and families use FastDirect online student information system. The internet is content filtered by Comsifter.